Originally Posted by RJM
Test #18
KelTec 3AT
1.5"
.380 Buffalo Bore 100 hardcast
964 fps

Split the carton and punched a hole through 4 jugs stopping at the vest insert. Bullet could be reloaded and shot again. Thanks to Mark for providing the round...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bob

Reviving this thread to add my own findings from a .380 test I performed a few days ago. I was shooting Remington's 102 gr Golden Saber hollow point and Fiocci round nose FMJ.

The Golden Saber chronied 840 fps from my Keltec P3AT and penetrated into the 4th milk carton, cracking the cardboard on the back side of the 4th carton and nearly entering the 5th carton, cracking the face of that carton also for a total of 15+ inches of penetration. Bullet was recovered in the 4th carton and looked picture perfect and even though the core slipped, it is still firmly attached to the jacket.

The set-up. I added more cartons after taking the pic and before shooting.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Fiocci FMJ chronied 844 fps and penetrated fully through 6 cartons before sailing off into the sweet by and by, never to be found.

In summary, I'd much rather be packing my .40 S&W, but when I can only carry my Keltec, I feel a bit better knowing the Golden Sabers in the magazine performed quite well, IMO.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile