Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
dang was hoping to see the results of the 10mm myself

oh well patience has its own rewards I reckon.

interesting thread, thanks so much for sharing with us

have a great time in Idaho

+1 from here, on all accounts. Enjoy Idaho!

Since I submitted my hot rod 10mm loads for testing, I managed to do a little non scientific testing and learned that a 10mm/40 cal 180gr Gold Dot launched at 1375fps will blow a BIG hole through both sides of the chest cavity of a good sized Tennesee hog and cause the bark from the tree behind said hog to splatter far and wide with lots of remaining energy to do more damage. On a wounded but down hog, I learned that a shot to the forehead will blow out absolutely 100% of the brain matter out the entry hole wound and out the ear canals, then go deep into said hogs neck. Said hog quits wiggling after that encounter.

I burned my left leg really bad one week ago so have had to wear shorts all week, and it has been really hot as in over 100 degrees so did not wish to wear a cover garment while running around. So for this week my 1911 10mm and 329PD stayed home and my own P3AT (wonderful little hideout pistol) packed with four Buff Bore 100gr FN Hardcast at 1125 - as per the tests above - and three Buff Bore 90gr HP's wich chrono at over 1200fps from my "mouse gun", alterating the loads with the 100's being first and last up.

I love and usually pack either my full sized 10 or 44, but I sure as heck did not feel unarmed with my P3AT, those loads aboard!

A lesson here, maybe, about trying for a brain pan shot if pistol pill #1 or perhaps #2 do not incapacitate our bad guy. Such a need is why I insist on good sights on my handguns (P3AT the only exception) and practice the chest/head drill at the range.

IF one is confronted with a turbo bad guy wearing armour, one might only have the head or hip joints to shoot at. I am told that the center of the pelvis/hips area will put a man down really quick, meth or no. But I do not know this. Sounds right as if a persons upright standing support systems go off line, down would be the natural consequence? I am also told that such a hit is VERY painful, perhaps penetrating through even the Methamphetamine fog. Again, I do not know, only have heard and read this once or twice.

As soon as my leg injury heals, (NO driving or pistol handling while on Dilauted!) I might add my own milk carton tests to this thread with my other two carry pieces i.e. the 329PD and 1911 in 10mm.

I think that anyone who takes the time to do some similar testing should post it, and be thanked for so doing.

BruinRuin, THANK YOU for the Golden Sabre 380 tests! We have some of those around, and might have to add them to the mix. I also have some 180gr Golden Sabre 10mm bullets to load up and try, might have to add that to my reports here, soon.

Last edited by safariman; 07/10/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500