My old Switchback XT will be with me for many years to come. In fact if it was lost stolen or somehow ruined, I would search to by another used one before I bought something new.

There are things that just never get surpassed. Land cruisers, mustangs, Old Pre 64 winchesters, Switchbacks,

If you're happy with the accuracy and performance you're good to go. However there is no downside to having an equal backup. I have two bows at all times. They are far more fragile then a rifle so I keep an equal back available all the time.

My only personal input to this is shooting a sub 400 grain arrow, and not using slicktricks. There is a real world difference that you cannot measure on paper at that 400 grain level. 400 grains plus in weight has always seemed to penetrate far better for me, and all those I know that are serious archery hunters. Many of us have gone down the path of lighter, faster and flatter shooting arrows. On animals that is not the route we have seen work best. Long range flat shooting sub 400 grains is great on targets. But when that arrow hits anything bigger then deer, 400-425 and up has been a far better for all of us.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)