Yeah, I believe it was done and I am glad to see the article and pictures of the bullets. I would still love to see a chamber cast with the first few inches of the bore.

It is amazing the punishment the old action took and kept on working. I never doubted that the action was strong as I have read for years of things that have been done to them and they survived. I just doubted that the 6.5 barrel was chambered with a 30/06 chambering reamer by accident. It seems from the article that the doer of the deed went to some trouble to successfully chamber his rifle with the 30/06 reamer and ran into precisely the problem I though he would. Still amazes me that it was actually done...by accident or on purpose!

It is hard for me to imagine what was going through the guys mind if the reamer's pilot didn't fit the bore. Still smacks of a stunt pulled because the guy believed the action would take it and it did.

I would love to see this done with a Remington 700 barreled action. Anybody got a Remington 700 in 260 Remington they want to re chamber to 308 Winchester just for kicks?

Harry