SAKO75;
I trust that this finds you and yours doing well this morning sir.

Thanks so much for the very informative link. I have to bookmark that one and re-digest some of the data.

Shortly after I picked up a couple boxes of 130gr. GMX for my "walking around" .270, I also managed to find a couple boxes of 130gr. TTSX - which have been just sitting there on the shelf waiting for me to get around to trying them out.

I'll have to take BobinNH advice and pick up some slower powder next time I'm up the valley far enough to get to a purveyor of reloading components and give them a whirl.

Thanks again for the informative link and all the best to you and yours.

Dwayne.

PS;
I took a quick peek at the shelves before posting here and also saw I'd picked up multiple boxes of 140gr TSX somewhere along the way - didn't recall doing that somehow. blush

I killed a first rack whitetail with one of those using a front on shot. It broke two vertebrae in the neck - powdered them really - and then sailed on through one lung, the diaphragm, a very full stomach and was somewhere in the intestines.

I couldn't find it in the near dark and when I returned the next evening some dirty coyote/raven had taken my ballistic evidence away!

All the best and thanks again SAKO.

Last edited by BC30cal; 11/04/12.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"