Okay, I'll try again. I put the part about microns in because I thought that would more clearly explain what I am asking.

I want to know, if anyone knows, or how to find out, how many microns thick the edge would be where the angles converge to form the cutting edge. It doesn't have to be microns--it can be thousands or any measurement.

There is something about either grains or carbides and they would be lined up along the edge. I have read that these grains, or if they are carbides, will not sharpen. Supposedly, they will pull out of the matrix instead of abrading.

I am thinking that the sharpest edge would be a type of steel that has the finest carbides, or grains, whatever they are.

I have read that some type of volcanic rock, obsidian, I think, is the sharpest of any known object, but I am wanting to know about steel.

Yes, I did ask a similar question a few months ago, although I don't remember asking about Angels or pins, but no one gave a satisfactory answer.

As far as edge holding ability goes, I already know which steel that would be, and that is one of the things a Catra measures. I also know about splitting hairs. It would have to be very sharp.

What would be the thickness of the apex of the triangle where two of the sides converge on a knife blade so that it would split a hair?