Last Thursday evening (in 2 hours) I killed 9 woodchucks out of a 15 acre field. My wife was my spotter. It was a really good night. Most kills were between 200 and 420 yards. All nice and close.
<br>
<br>Last Friday night I used Dave7mm's rifle (22 CHeetah MK 1) instead of mine because I ran out of ammo Thursday night. Which reminds me, I have to reload 60 rounds. In any case I spotted a woodchuck along the edge of the field, about 300 yards out. There was a slight rise in the field then it dropped back off to the edge of the woods. All I could see, on and off, was the top of its back. I kept loosing sight of it, I would see it for a few seconds, then it would disappear again. After watching it for about an hour I decided, I am going to "try" the shot. All I had in view was about 1 1/2" of its back, broadside. I put the dot right in the middle of its back and touched the trigger. I didn't say squeeze the trigger cause you don't squeeze a four ounce trigger. When we walked up to it we found that the bullet went thru, breaking its back. It did try to get up and go but when you break them in half it is tough for them to go anywhere, lol.
<br>
<br>As we (Dave and myself) where watching that chuck Dave had to listen to my constant cussing of his blurry Leupold scope, lol. Man that thing is really blurry compared to my 6 to 24 X 50 Swarovski I have on my 22 CHeetah MK 1. I should add for those that don't know, I shake a LOT, so it is difficult for me to see thru a scope that is so eye critical, which his Leupold 24X BR scope is. My Swarovski on the other hand is not anywhere near as eye critical and my scope is much sharper and brighter. You DO get what you pay for with quality optics.
<br>
<br>Off to reload ammo,,,,,,,going out tonight to kill more "chucks".
<br>
<br>Have a good one all,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]
<br>

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove