Boyd,
<br>
<br>Dave and myself surely enjoyed your company yeasterday.
<br>
<br>We had a good time talking guns, checking out your little [Linked Image] guns, especially that little 46lb rifle.
<br>
<br>The report: We saw about 15 woodchucks during the day. I am sure some of the "spottings" where the same chucks. The one place where Boyd could set-up and shoot 1200 yards was not a good option since the mirage was so bad (mid -day). We saw so many chucks out in a harvested oat field that we never did go back to the field wereby Boyd could shoot to 1200 yards. The longest shot taken was a mere 450 yards - in that harvested oat field. We confirmed 5 kills and 2 others were hit but not hard enough that they did crawl/limp off into some high weeds - we didn't find them. I doubt they survived.
<br>
<br>Boyd did get some shots on video. It made it rather difficult in that Boyd had to first set up the video camera then go back to the bench, locate the chuck and shoot it hoping it didn't move out of frame before he shot.
<br>
<br>Dave was the spotter with the Swaorvski spotting scope and I glassed with the Swarovski binocs but I actually saw more chucks with my naked eyes then I did using binocs. Its nice to have such good vision [Linked Image]
<br>Dave would get the distance using the Leica Geovids.
<br>
<br>We all had an enjoyable and productive day. We enjoyed checking out Boyd's rifles, especially BOOMER. lol. Boyd's "Big Ugly" as he calls it weighs 46 lbs and it just fits across the back seat of Daves Tahoe. Dave took a picture of me holding it - offhand - and I will pass along that picture as soon as we get the film developed and scanned.
<br>
<br>When that 240gr Match King hits the top of a woodchuck mound the PUFF of dust flying is about 10 feet in diameter. There is absolutely no doubt where the bullet hits, lol.
<br>
<br>All in all we had a good time and we hope Boyd (and anybody else that wants to come over) is able to kill some more or our 2 gazzilion [Linked Image] woodchucks we have around here.
<br>
<br>Have a good one,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove