Originally Posted by RDFinn
Thanks Eremicus. I always kinda liked the Xterra package and I owned one of the previous generation models with the smaller V-6 (3.3 L V-6) and thought it was under powered and the limited slip diff sucked. When they came out the generation similar to the tested model that had the 4.0 V-6 and a rear locker, I took one for a street "test" and thought that the improvements were huge. IIRC, the power upgrade was almost 100 hp over what I had and I believe the tranny went to a 4 or 5 speed auto over the previous 3 speed ( with overdrive). Just a nice simple compact SUV without a bunch of BS whistles and bells.

we have an 07 4.0L Auto, makes a great wifemobile and has been a great family car, it does great in the snow and the traction control works great once you get used to how it works, one thing I hate about it is the back doors, it works great for the car seat but me and my screwed up back have a hell of a time getting out

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson