Originally Posted by castnblast
Originally Posted by kutenay
Is that one that Jan re-did the bolt handle on, when he was still with Martini Gunmakers?

That's the one. Wish he wasn't so far away!
I am currently getting an original round bolt, single trigger 21H 8x57IS worked on by my local gunsmith, dropped it off last week to get a NECG three position locking safety and bolt shroud installed. When it's done it just might be my new "favourite"!
but if I could find a ZG47 in 9.3x62 I might have to reconsider that...

I had seen only TWO of these in 40+ years of very active gun collecting and then "Tradex" found some in, I think, Sweden, and there are probably a few dozen now in Canada. I have the two I mentioned and also a complete action from a "donnor" ZG 9,3 and am not yet quite certain exactly what to build on it.

I was hoping to find a second 21 like your 8x57 and then, using it and the ZG, have Ralf build me a pair of "dream rifles" for my final project. However, while my wife offered this as a 65th b-day gift in 2011, her health issues made her retire and our income dropped accordingly. So, that is one fantasy about guns that I will not fulfill, but, I have no complaints and have or have had almost everything I have ever really desired.

I just sold one of my pair of ZG-.30-06s to a really fine chap in Alberta, so, now have a total of 11 of these rifles and I might try to buy an original ZG in 8x64B, that a friend owns....something different and quite an interesting cartridge, loaded with 200 gr. NPs, eh.