Originally Posted by kutenay
Very nice, really like the understated and practical style and they have that "look", as in " get'er done".

What chambering(s), bbls, etc?

Kutenay: Those are a pair of M70 Classics,both in 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum.Barrels are both 24" Krieger #2's, 9 twist.Both chambers cut with Dober's reamer.

The one on the left is mine;built by Gene Simillion on an early M70 Classic action,originally a 270...Williams recontoured BM,trigger recontoured. Action opened to H&H length with Echols box,Dakota-style follower. Stock is an Echols Edge,was bedded by Gene and paint job was done in D'Arcy's shop to a black with brown speckle.Leupold DD dovetails for mounts and the scope is a fixed 6x36 LR.

When I decided to build that rifle,my pal wanted to do one as well,and the one on the right is his with a Classic action and all metal by Gene.I believe his BM is Blackburn with trigger recontoured.Stock is another Echols Edge with bedding and paint job by Charlie Santoni.Mounts are Talley LW and scope is a 3.5-10X Leupold.

These two rifles were (are) our test beds for the 7mm Mashburn Super,and both shoot good and deliver typical Mashburn velocities.

Like Roy said, they came out pretty good for Milsurp... wink grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.