Originally Posted by kutenay
Boy, THAT is a score!

I have quite a number of relatively rare and highly desirable hunting rifles and have sold many of my nicest specimens, due to advancing age and no heirs to leave my guns/gear to. But, I have, in my almost 55 years of active gun nuttery of the worst type, NEVER seen one of those and I have shopped for decades at two of Canada's largest Browning dealers plus haunted gunshows.

YMMV, but I would HAVE to hunt that rifle and would install a Micky Edge in the Browning Classic model, perhaps my favourite of my many synthetic handles and just giv'er. 115 NPs at close to 2900 would, IMHO, do the business on any deer and without recoil or blast.

Good for you in getting it and I hope you shoot many BIG ones with it! smile

Definitely plan on hunting it, just like my Sako Mannlicher, which I've been hunting with for years and looks as good as the day I bought it.

Browning only shows records for two or three, but they acknowledge some additional ones exist. The 25 number is probably pretty accurate according to them. I did get a letter from Browning verifying mine as to serial number, year of production, barrel length, sights, date of sale etc.

Came with Buehler bases and rings. The rings on it were #8's which are high. I found a pair of #6's which are low. Putting a vintage 2x7 Redfield Widefield Accu Range scope on it, unless I find a nice vintage Browning scope that I like better.

Last edited by Wacenturion; 12/25/12.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."