Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by ringworm
nothing wrong, lets you know who to deal with after the waves subside. If your local gas station jacked up gas to $10 a gallon after a natural disater would you find yourself stopping there in the future?

I can guarantee that if that specific thing you wrote ever were to happen here, there's gonna' be a fire. Guarantee it.

People gouging for certain things don't bug me. People selling Red Sox hats for stupid money after the WS wins type thing, for example, no problem with it. If you're desperate or dumb enough to pay $300 for an ordinary hat, so be it. Capitalism of that sort I have no problem with. Selling bottles of water and those kinds of essential goods to people who are in distress/physical need for it is a different story entirely.

Gouging on Pmags is simply excessive greed in action. To me there's a point where it goes from reasonable profit to just plain greed. I'd feed my AR one at a time before I'd support their greed.

KG is correct and I saw that type of gouging in action years ago following a bad tornado. The entire Texas town was without power and water and only a couple of small stores were still conducting any sort of business. One was a 7-11 that I went to with a friends 70 yr old father. He was buying 2 D-cell batts for a flashlight. The kid at the counter told him a price that was about 100 times normal. The old man pulled out his wallet and a 44mag at the same time. Told the kid, "I'll pay the price as marked on the package or I can just take 'em. Your choice."

Ya gotta love the old guys who take no crap.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)