Dave, thanks for the details. I've always liked the 300 SAUM case, though I've never owned one. For a true SA it makes far more sense than the 300 WSM, and I like the SAUM case design slightly better than the WSM case (30* vs 35* shoulder). I've also heard that same problem with Hunter and cold temps. Have you tried H4350 instead?

To the 30-06 Ai, I suppose it makes some sense if a guy has an existing 30-06 and a corresponding itch. However, I find "30-06" and "improved" in the same sentence to verge on blasphemy. laugh

Something that balanced needs no improvement IMHO.

I also wonder whether the extra 5* shoulder on the 30-06 Ai really inhibits case stretch more than the 35* shoulder on the 300 WSM. I guess I'd sooner run the 300 WSM throttled back to 30-06 Ai speeds and get longer brass life. That's just the way I look at it, but I also have no need for anything Ai so that's my bias... though I think the 223 Ai makes the most sense of all of them.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery