Cap'n--Thanks for the input--I'm not familiar with you, but after seeing your handiwork on the sqirrel rifle-I would bet you know what you're talking about. When you say TC has a tolerance of .010 in their barrels--I would assume you mean from barrel to barrel and not within the same barrel. Also, my situation was a little more than a feeling, I could also hear the problem. The bullet would start getting loose at the same spot in my barrel every time, once I got there I would slow the ram rod down significantly and could hear/feel the bullet let go of the inside of the barrel and hear it hit the breech plug--after the free-fall. I also pushed the bullet in from the breech to see how far it would go up the barrel before it wedged--the point was identical to the release point coming down.Bottom line, I have zero confidence that I could ever get a good firm, repeatable, safe seating on the powder.I could probably make it work with a PB since the plastic skirt makes it more forgiving of in-barrel variances, but I'm not interested in doing that. At any rate, you've forgotten more than I'll ever know about ML's and I appreciate your comments.--Bill

It's the hunt, not the kill.