Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by Ringman
Ackleyfan,

Baloney......you might want to call George at GA precision and tell him his 7 WSM is about 2000 rounds over due

If you fired 350 rounds one right after the other I could believe it, but most here aren't building a comp rifle, and Competition rifles in 7 wsm last 1000 + rounds of great accuracy, I just don't buy it.........!!!

Let's suppose George at GA has 2,350 rounds down his 7 WSM barrel and he is still pleased with it accuracy. If it had a longer neck he might get 5,350 rounds of his level of accuracy.

Your statement remind me of a young man I worked with for awhile. He was convinced if he didn't think it it could not possibly be true. smile
[bleep], why doesn't somebody let George in on this incredible secret?!
Guessing he might already know and is why he's starting to build 6.5 SAUMs... wink

Four shooters who compete for team GA Precision used the 6.5 SAUM last year in tactical competitions. They shot 140gr bullets at 3050fps(velocity restrictions for damage to steel targets).Those four rifles each have between 2500 and 3000 rounds through them and still shoot well enough to keep those guys in the winner's circle.

George Gardner was at my shoot out here last spring with his brand new 6.5 SAUM comp rifle. I saw him put 300+ rounds through it in a two day period....he wasn't shooting it slow either! At the end of last summer he had 2500 through it and told me it still shoots 1/2" or better. My theory is case design, the correct propellent, moderate pressure and good barrels.....I can't wait to get mine!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]