Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I get called in the office all the time and told that I have an attitude. Truth is I do.have an attitude when I am working as I see it it isn't an equal playing field. When I am dealing with someone at work I don't know who they are, why they are doing what they are doing what they are doing it for. Therefore when I make contact. I set a tone of body language and voice that says I am in charge. I do this for your safety as much as mine. And yes typically I ask more questions than is needed on stops because, and this may come as a shocker but some people lie to cops.

Personally and from my own experience, msot people who relay that an officer was rude to them it usually is a reflection of their own behavior and tone. And most people don't even know they were rude, they don't do it on purpose, its natural to them to act that way because they are being inconvenienced. I want it to.be clear from the get go that I am in charge and that is for my safety as well as yours. And while you may be slightly inconvenienced, and maybbe doing nothing wrong. Then next guy that I stop and give the same line of questioning to, may just be a drunk driver or something else. Keep this in mind. It isn't all about you!!

You may think We are rude, or being an azzhole or whatever I see it as making sure I get to hug my family at night

So I have a break light out and you stop me. I greet you with both hands in sight, a smile on my face, my license already out along with my CCL. I say "Good morning Officer. I have a concealed carry permit in my home state but I am not carrying today. How would like me to proceed?"

First,...get out the car and stand on one leg,...then sing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody".

If you cain't do that,..you need to move out of the Pacific Northwest.