So here's one of my stories.....a couple of years ago my wife had a day long class in Great Falls and we drove up the previous day since her class day would start early. I would fiddle fart around while she was in class. I wound up getting back to where her classes were when I ran out of things to do and sure enough her classes ran about 45 minutes late also. Once she got out we headed down the road. I was antsy to get going and we were driving on 2 lane roads toward Eddies Corner. We hit a long uphill stretch with 3 lanes in it so I hit the gas pretty good so I could pass a stretch of cars and 18 wheelers. It worked real good and I was feeling like we were getting somewhere when I look in the rear view and see the flashing lights meant for me. Aw crap, says I. Do you know how embarrassing it is when all the people you passed in the last 5 miles are now passing you with the HP now talking to you through the window? Hello sir, may I see your license and registration please?
Hi officer, here you go...there is also my concealed carry there also.
Are you carrying today sir?
Yes officer,right hip with 2 spare mags on the left hip.
Are you a former LE officer?
No sir.
Do you know how fast you were going back there on that uphill?
Big grin on my face....Yes, probably about 85 or so.
Ok, I'll be back shortly.
He goes back to car to check me out.....nothing to find since I lead a boring life. I also always keep both my hands on the steering wheel when he approaches so that he doesn't get nervous. When it's all said and done I got a warning and rolled on down the road with no problems. He was courteous and calm when I told him about my sidearm and all was good. Neither I or my wife look like criminals in our '96 Subaru.....so maybe that helps a bit as well as my short hair. But mostly, I believe, it's because we live in Montana.
grin