It's a bit of work and a full days time, but it has saved me money. Say you are looking for a Ford, Go to all the local dealers' lots until you find the exact vehicle you want, say an F150. Sit down with the sales person from THAT Ford dealership. Once you get a bottom line price, tell them you will get back to them, that you want to shop around. Get the VIN # from that vehicle, it's on the window sticker. Take the VIN # to the other Ford dealers and tell them this is the vehicle you want. you will not spend as much time at the other dealers If the first dealer has your payment at $400. Hand him the VIN # and Tell this dealer you want this vehicle and you want it for $390, you have to be aggressive. If you get them down to anything below $400 you saved, now move to the next dealer and do the same. After you get the lowest price from the other ford dealers, go back to the first one and have him beat that price. They usually do, if not, go back to the lowest one. They will get your truck by trading one of their vehicles. If you get you original montly payment down $20 bucks a month, that's $1200 over 5 years. If you only have 1 dealer in your area, you're screwed. cry If you are trading, know what you vehicle is worth and what you want for it. Good Luck!

PS, I pick up my new F150 tomorrow grin