I've added a few more photos for those interested.

The first is a look at the fully bedded barrel channel/pillar area.

[Linked Image]

Next for comparison is the Kimber 84L bolt (9.8 oz) and the Forbes bolt (8.4 oz).

[Linked Image]

Now here is the exposed Timney trigger assembly on the right side showing the safety mechanism. While Mr. Forbes forgot more on rifle design and building (in one day) than I will ever know, I have a thought on the safety design.
The opening needed for the safety to pivot may be a collection point for debri and rain. In freezing temps that could become a liability. At some point, debri or ice/snow will render the safe inoperable. But as long as the owner realizes this they can monitor it. I should say in defense of this upon closer examination, there is ample room between the safety and inner stock wall to allow some material to pass thru. Snow and ice forming there come be a problem however.

But with hundreds of Forbes rifles out there and thousands of similar Rem. 700 too, maybe the concern is overblown.

[Linked Image]

Next, the left side which shows the recoil lug. This is very similar to all the Kimbers and I believe it to be press fit.

[Linked Image]

Brad asked about the grip dimensions so here are some photos and measurements which cover that.

The first is an attempt to give you a visual on the Forbes versus the 84L grip openings. The Kimber is the top rifle.

[Linked Image]

Next are the two in a different orientation with measurements.
I'll list them if they are hard to view.
The Kimber 84L has a wider or longer grip profile. As shown by the ruler, I measured the distance between the back of the trigger guard to the nearest point of the radiused edge of the pistol grip. The Kimber measures 3 9/16" and the Forbes 3 1/4". The difference, 5/16" is rather significant.
I also measured the circumference of the grip in the location shown by the sewing tape. The Kimber had a 5" circumference and the Forbes 5 1/4". Also rather significant.

[Linked Image]

The last measurement I made was the drop of the stock. The Kimber "dropped" 1" and the Forbes measured 1/2". No photo.

As to Brads question, the feel is noticeable right away. I must say that I did rap the back of my middle finger against the recoiling trigger guard a couple of times. Lesson learned!
Certainly it was my fault and a firmer grip with a slight change in position was needed. I do like the fuller feel to the grip. It feels easier to maintain a firmer grip as opposed to a slimmer Kimber. Someone with beefier hands will have to realize what the grip profile is and adjust accordingly. This is all nit picking but the differences are there.

I should add that the Talley ringmount system is made at Titan. You might have noticed that the edges are more radiused. They weigh 2 oz and are the 6/48 size. Gary at Tally said they too make a picatinny rail and a "quick detach" system in steel for the Forbes.

Is the Forbes 24B at $1400 worth the difference when compared to the Kimber Montana 84L? Only you can decide as there are
differences to consider.

If there are any other questions or photo requests, let me know. I will post further range results as conditions allow.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 03/09/13.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.