Splatt are you training solo or with a buddy? If with a buddy set up a scenario where you can hide the buddy. Have him blow a quack or 3 on the duck call, toss the duck up high and away from himself where Trap can see it and have him fire 1 primer from a 209 starter gun. If all goes well Trap will mark the bird and ignore the hidden training partner.

That or sit Trap at heel and throw 6-8 bumpers into a pile as far away as you can. Then back up to 100yds and heel again. Now rather then send him via his name send him with the back command.

Both should increase his range before slowing up and we use both quite often when we don't feel like setting up all 6 Zinger Wingers.

Onyx is coming along nicely as of late. We have been running alot of 100-110 yd doubles and triples from the Wingers and more often then not he is cleaning them with no input from me aside from lining. Handling is coming along great via baseball drills and we are now starting to work remote whistle sits. Should be running his first Junior in the next month or so. The plan is to run him back to back weekends and if he gets passes at both we will do the Sauvies Island double header in June to finish his Junior title then start Seniors for the rest of summer.

Also as an aside I prefer my dog to do whistle sits as do most trainers i know but there is no requirement at any level for a dog to actually sit on the whistle (and some just wont remote sir period), they just have to stop, look at you and take the handling direction.

Good luck this spring and keep us updated about his progress sir.