Splatt,

I saw your question about studding Trap. It's not a bad idea as he has a pretty good pedigree and is showing to be a solid performer. Is he Full registration or did Lee sell him to you as a limited registration? AKC won't register a litter if both stud and bitch aren't full registrations.

Before doing so I would do the DNA, CERF, Hips, Eyes and EIC. Every one of those tests show the quality foundation of the dog and anyone who breeds without them is not worth messing with IMHO. I would never want my dogs associated with any breedings that I can't prove both dogs are sound outta the gate.

A lot of breeders ignore EIC and to me it's a damn shame when a dog is bred and the pups get it. Have seen plenty of good dogs die due to it and it pisses me off no end that some people wont spend the $70. I wont even consider breeding to a dog thats owner hasnt shown acceptable results on the above tests.

If your not familiar with EIC their is lots of videos on YouTube showing it. Hell i have Onyx's results in my email i can forward you to see how to avoid EIC in a breeding.

Please please please do EIC along with the other tests if Trap doesn't have it yet. And make sure any bitch you breed to does as well.