Went out yesterday afternoon and my wife shot the only dove. Her first dove and also her first game bird! So I was happy! My lab also got into a group of about 20 pheasants in the stubble. They were all in the strip of grain that was left for the birds. It was good to see since we haven't seen many pheasants this summer. The hail got alot of them and there were even some chicks flushed that looked like they were just big enough to fly they were tiny! All the other birds except a few hens were young once too. Couldn't tell what they were since they didnt have their adult feathers yet. Jaeger loved it though. They were all holding tight and he could really get close before they jumped up. It was funny to see my wife about pee her pants when a couple jumped up at her feet!
Here are a few pics from yesterday

[Linked Image]
The pheasants were in the tall stuff behind and to the right of me

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When we walked up to our decoys from walking down the field, 5 doves flew up from the decoys but we were talking about jaeger and the pheasants and weren't quick enough to get a shot off.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.