Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I would think this transition is going to be OK. An expereinced buyer will address potential problems with the changing of hands that may affect production and cash flow.

Brand, reputation, production and cash flow are what they're buying and typically place a premium on all that. Anything that hinders good will and marketability punishes the buyer. Those big equity firms putting together companies are pros at that. It's how they grow and prosper. So, a mess up or a bobble isn't good for business or their reputations as equity firms.

I'd be surprised if there is a problem. Things may actually improve with capital infusion and enhanced production capacity. Maybe we won't we waiting half a year or better for a McM stock.

DF
Well said. Today's environment is a far cry from the 80's with Gordon Gecko where investors bought fat-filled companies to strip out cash, slash pensions, etc. Many family-held companies are either resource-constrained or overly-conservative as they near a "sell event," so the new owners are often the catalyst to 21st Century manufacturing, expansion, new product development, etc. Yes, the new owners could literally trash the place, but I'm betting on the opposite.

Murphy was a grunt.