Originally Posted by RobJordan
Vigil guy, lets say a feller has three goats---adult whethers. How much time per week is required to take good care of them (feed, water, pet 'em, read to em, tuck 'em in at night do their hair, clip their toe-nails, etc.)?

Trying to figure out if I have the time (and the desire). The whole idea of having a critter do the heavy lifting really appeals to me though.

Thanks,

Jordan

Hmmmm...the least amount of time for three wethers, I would say...no less than a half hour per day during the week and a couple of hours on Saturday. Make sure that they have FRESH water in their buckets. They need it to prevent UC, and they won't drink it if it is dirty and /or its been pooped in. I feed mine in the morning and at night. Take five minutes to scratch them. Every three or four months I trim their hooves. Worm them twice a year and give them CDT shots twice a year. Saturdays, I'll take them out for a short hike. They get rusty with their trail manners. A squirt bottle full of water keeps them in line.

Carolyn Eddy has written some good books on caring for wethers. John Mionczynski's book is priceless as well.