Jordan:

I borrowed them from my hunting buddy. He was supposed to go but got stuck working but he let me take them. They took to me almost immediately and followed my like puppy dogs. They want to be right with you like your shadow.

My friends keeps them in a 5 acre paddock with his pack horse. They were bottle fed by the original owner but were purchased just last yea by my friend. Think they are about 4 or 5 years old.

It was great b/c the saddle packs literally take 30 seconds to clip on and your off. I left the ropes on and just wrapped them around the frame. When I got to a spot to glass, I would tether them to a tree behind but where they could still see me. No problem at all. They ate and laid there chewing grass like they were enjoying the outing. They are just amazing, they go wherever you can go - across scree, deadfall, dark timber, rocky outcroppings, steep slopes, etc.

In 5 days, they never drank water even though I was around several streams. They ate everything we came across - pine needles, weeds, grass, some snow, etc. I took no feed. I tied them to a tree by camp every night and gave them a good rubdown to make sure they were dry.

We have a ranch in Oklahoma. Think ill buy four. I'm a believer. They are food whores though, the big one was all over me if I had a granola bar opened.

I honestly think two goats could get a boned out elk off the mountain, if you hump your own gear and the rack out. Having them hump your gear up the mountain and to move camp saves your legs. All I carried was my empty ruck, rifle & binos. While we hunted, they carried the game bags, butcher kit, water bottles.

Complete game changer.

Last edited by conrad101st; 10/18/13.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)