Originally Posted by ConradCA

PCP guns are louder than a 22lr.

Not hardly. Take a low power, unshrouded PCP rifle that shoots under 12 fpe, and you're nowhere near .22 sound levels. Shroud that rifle, and you're silent in a suburban environment for all intents and purposes. Even higher powered shrouded or LDC'd guns run from nearly silent to sound levels still very much below .22 LR. Bullet strike with my .25 Marauder (available for $325 refurbished) is louder than the "report" from the rifle. And that Marauder is (relative to a lot of other PCP guns) not all that quiet.

Pumps are the same if pump to the same power (3000psi) as a PCP.

Puhleeeeze - show me one of those 3000 psi pump air rifles.

They make quiet PCPs with a builtin moderator but only 177 cal are allowed in the USA without a fed stamp ($200).

Again, sooooooo very wrong. I mean, completely, utterly, nowhere near the truth wrong. El wrongo. Pinocchio getting a nose boner 18 feet long wrong.

Now, I hope you're well intentioned, and that maybe your experiences were not all that positive. But those three items are just wrong. I'll not debate your other opinions, other than to say both air and rimfire have advantages and disadvantages when compared.

Scott