Originally Posted by woods_walker
Pete E

Not to hijack the thread..... What are your thoughts on a better way to load game in a truck? I seem to recall at one time you spoke of a winch set up.

I think a winch and a ramp set up is better in most respects..

If its going to be used with any regularity, I'd say get a 12V ATV winch and work out a way of mounting in the bed of the vehicle if its a pick up, preferably with a bit of height..The set up below belongs to a British stalker who posted it on a British stalking forum

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Even with an SUV, you can mount on a plate / piece of wood between the front seats by clipping it to the two seat belt buckles..

Ideally the cable needs to go up to a pulley mounted in the roof to get the best angle of pull..In my old Trooper, I found that under the roof lining there was as a flat "roll bar" running across the vehicle directly over the rear seats. As the roof is "corrugated" I was able to slide a bit 1/4" steel plate between the the roll bar and the roof, and make a fixing for a removable eye-bolt..With the roof lining back in place, and the eye-bolt removed, there was just small bulge, which was hardly noticeable.

Of course, if you want to go cheap and cheerfully and equally as effective, you can use a come-along and a bit plywood for a ramp..

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 11/09/13.