Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by Pete E
[quote=RevMike]

Can I ask what you want it for? If its primarily for loading a carcass into a pick-up, I think there are better solutions; in fact I think their only value is to hang carcasses for gutting and/or skinning in the field in terrain which is lacking in trees..

Yes. To load feral pigs onto the truck when I'm alone. It also needs to be something that can be used on several vehicles.

Mike

Personally, I'd go for a set of ramps and a come-along unless you have a particular reason for prefer a hoist..

The reason I prefer ramps is that with many receiver hoists, they are smack bang in the middle of the tail gate, the very area you want clear when loading. Many do not allow the tail gate to drop, so even more height is then required to lift the carcass over it, and the loading process can be further hindered if the hoist has no swivel function...

The ramps just seem to be an easier solution..

As I like kit to have two or more functions, I am looking for some myself that will double as "sand ladders" for the vehicle should it hit a soft spot off road or need to cross drainage ditches ect..

Regards,

Pete