Originally Posted by Mule Deer
elkcrazy,

It's probably smart to do a bear hunt first--or for that matter, a sheep hunt--as Cape buffalo hunts tend to be easier physically. (On the negative side, wild Africa continues to shrink, due to the rapidly increasing human population.)

That doesn't mean Cape buffalo hunts can't be tough. When I hunted in Tanzania two years ago, one of my companions was in his mid-60's and ended up following a bull around for miles one very hot day, at first to get a shot at a herd, and then to put more bullets into the same buffalo. He became severely dehydrated and heat-stressed, and ended up in bed for three days of an expensive hunt while recovering.

But normally a buffalo hunt requires less physical work than a grizzly/brown bear hunt, making them more possible for older hunters.

And as a very general and broad statement, based on my AK experience, I would say grizzly hunting is less physical than brown bear hunting. Some of the coastal range and places like Kodiak can be brutally tough! I'm sure there are exceptions in both directions, but if can assure you more than one person has been surprised by the ruggedness of coastal areas.

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~