Of the two, it would have to be grizzly/brown.

That's based on the assumption that they are as intelligent as black bears, which they should be.

I've hunted Africa one day in Senegal and shot a warthog. I was not there for a hunt but my two sons who were residents sponsored a one-day hunt. I had them along with a native tracker. While on the west side of the continent, in two countries, I saw other game and experienced the blistering heat, dryness and near dehydration. We also came across a nest of killer bees! There was also the possibility of encountering forest buffalo or lion. Yet I have no need to return.

On the other hand, bears fascinate me. I have hunted blacks every year for the past 3 decades, sometimes both spring and fall seasons. I've also informally guided friends and family on bear hunts. But I don't personally shoot one every year, on purpose. But I learn more about them every season, or from them, they are extremely intelligent, crafty, cunning and treacherous... yes, in a word - dangerous!

So, it would have to be grizz for me, though I'm content with hunting the crafty black bear.

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus