Originally Posted by DZG
Take a Knee, or Take a Schitt,

How come is it that no matter where I go to read the forum, with regards to just about anything discussed, that before to long you chirp in telling everyone they don't know crap and you are the authority on everything. You either own REI, or have owned everything made for the outdoors, or your just full of *#^+�t.

It takes a lot to get me riled up to post, instead of just enjoying the campfire, but you sir are an annoying know-it-all!

I've owned a LOT of hiking kit, and I was always good at figuring out when/how stuff/people etc was/were [bleep] up, which is one reason I'm still alive. Annoying? Probably. Know-it-all? I've consistently scored 2+ standard deviations above normal on damn near every sort of psychometric evaluation I've ever sat for.

BTW, anything I've written about stoves would take about 20min of google-fu on Backpacking Light to confirm. I've read a lot and hiked the AT in the Southeast and talked to numerous hikers at shelters about their stoves. Current Jetboils are a vast improvement over the originals, they fell out of favor PDQ on the AT until they got the bugs worked out. They still suffer from not being able to use a windscreen, just like any other vertical butane stove. The JB Helios I've never used and don't know anyone who has, the people I know look at weights before they buy stuff.