Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
My kid has been joining me as well. Stability is an important thing to me so the part about using it in the tent without worry is a major selling point for me.

Using any stove in a floored nylon tent ain't overly bright. That is what they make vestibules for, and also a stove with a lower profile is advantageous in a vestibule to keep the burner away from the sidewall. I would light it outside, in the rain if necessary and bring inside anyway. I use a hammock with a tarp so I just sit my fat azz on my hammock and place my stove on the ground with no worries.

As for alcohol stoves, the Caldera Cone is quite stable, but in 30 mph winds the whole thing could blow over in the wind as it weighs just about nothing. I have yet to see a "kick-proof" stove, alcohol or otherwise. Alcohol stoves work great for shorter trips if you don't actually cook, IE freezer-bag/water boiling is all you do. Two folks need two alcohol stoves. A father-son is better off with a cannister setup.

Sometimes one doesn't have a choice but to boil in the tent TAK. And when you find yourself in those situations, the JetBoil can really shine. But of course when you're in weather that calls for a hammock, you know you're really in some rough country.

And you are correct TAK, there are no kick-proof stoves. However an alcohol stove turns into a ball of flame, where as a Jetboil turns into a can of spilled water.

Hope this helps.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house