About 40 years ago I picked up a steel table top. I built a 2x6 set of legs with 2x6 bottom braces that I screwed a piece of 3/4 inch plywood onto. The table top is 30"x30". I built the legs so the top is 31" off the floor. I bolted 2x6s to three sides of the top so that there's a well inside the top. I duplicated the bottom shelf 8" below the top. I have presses bolted to the three 2x6 cleats on the top. The whole thing is really solid. With a few hundred pounds of shot on the bottom shelf, NOTHING moves.

It's not much of a work bench, but it's an unreal good loading bench. I have a 12" wide by 8" deep by 24" long steel drawer that holds the "every time use" tools for the presses, primers and a couple other things. When the inevitable spills happen cleanup is simple and quick. Sometimes I think about putting heavy casters under it, but then I regain my sanity. BEST LOADING BENCH I'VE EVER USED!

The work bench is a whole other creature. It gets used for much heavier duty stuff and needs a decent vise and other considerations like the ability to handle slop from cleaning, pounding stuff, and like that.