Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by vabeachman
The politicians want a taste no matter how small. I have a B.S. in Nursing, decades of experience, my best year was in 2010, I made a commitment to try and make $100,000 dollars and failed. Even though I worked the whole year, 12 hour days, 6 days a week, I came up short. With +32 hours of overtime each week, I still came up short. The money goes towards the top and they use it to advance their own agenda.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on this. As an RN, your base salary should have been over $50K/yr. If you really worked 32hrs
overtime per week you would have been well over $100K. Now, this still proves nothing. Who is at the top that somehow is getting the money you wanted?

Wages in the Tidewater Area of Virginia are approximately 87% of the National Average due to all the military and military retirees. Wages are not as high here as in most other areas. My friend makes more as a LPN in PA., than I do here as an RN here in Virginia. I imagine in Alaska it is even more. I was making $22/hour which got me a base salary of $45760/year. 32 hours of overtime was worth $51744/year, I took 3 weeks vacation which of course I did not get any overtime. Which got me almost $98,000 for the year. If I wasn't working in a specialty area I would have made less. Obviously the upper management is using the money for increasing their sphere of influence through donations to other charities and hospitals, they sit on each other boards, etc, not unlike any other business or government.