Originally Posted by BC30cal
curdog;
Hopefully this finds you and yours acceptably well this snowy and slick January afternoon sir.

I've been fortunate thus far into my life - will turn 52 this year - in that I've never had anyone expire while I was right there.

For a number of years now I've been an Occupational First Aid guy at work and carry a go bag in my vehicles, so I've stopped at a couple good wrecks over the years.

One that stands out was an older chap who'd rolled a Pontiac Solstice at least 3 times. The crazy thing was he had this techno pop/disco music blaring and I couldn't get a pulse with the entire car shaking from the tunes.

The doors wouldn't open and for whatever reason the airbags hadn't deployed - but the gas cap and cover were gone. Funny what you remember on these details.

Anyway I could see he'd taken a mighty blow to the head and as a result he was a GCS of 2 when I first gloved up and made a shaky 3 before the local volunteer firemen got there.

I couldn't do much for him as it turned out curdog, but I had the distinct impression he was about to make the last leg of the journey so to speak.

There was another accident where the chap had already gone, but again I wasn't there until after.

Philosophically speaking I think I'd be OK attending anyone other than family or folks close to me, but with all things, only riding that one down would tell for sure how I fared.

Thanks for the thought provoking thread this afternoon curdog and all the best to you folks down there.

Dwayne

Ya, must be a regional difference!