Okay, what service. Ordered Friday, received today, woohoo, woohoo!

So I decide to do a comparison, fist inside. I used a Titanium Snow peak cup with 24 oz of cool tap water.

Boil time took 5:14
[Linked Image]

So then I use the Olicamp with 24 oz of cool tap water.
Boil time was 4:12 or about 1 minute time savings.

Then I went outside. I put the stove on a non-solid table, no wind screen, and cold water. There was a small breeze that would occasionally "gust" enough to blow out a bic lighter. I used 20 oz of water.
The Snow Peak boil time was 5:45
The Olicamp boil time was 4:15 or about 1:30 time savings.

At this point I'm thinking these times are unusually long. I'm on the tail end of a tank of the Coleman propane mix you can find at Wally World. I believe I wasn't getting quite as an intense flame because of dropping pressure. I wonder if the MSR IsoButane mix burns hotter? So I head back downstairs and find a new canister of MSR ISoButane.
I refill the Olicamp with 20 oz of cold water and fire it up. I hear the familiar Pocket ROCKET sound. Obviously more pressure.
The Olicamp boil time was 1:19 !
[Linked Image]

The Snow Peak pot boil time was 3:15 or almost 2 minutes more time.
So the Olicamp reduces boil time for an average pot (20 oz.) as much as 1-2 minutes faster. So in my post-op, narcotic influenced brain, I figure I can get 12-20 minutes more boil time per 8 oz canister, based on the number of "boils" I typically get out of a canister. I realize none of this is scientific by any means, but this pot will give CONSIDERABLE more mileage out of each canister.
I also believe the MSR IsoButane burns hotter than the Coleman Butane/propane blend, which is something I've suspected for some time.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com