Walker6, that's really strange. When I tested I got as much as 2 minutes faster boil time with the Olicamp with a fresh MSR canister over a SnowPeak Ti pot. Using a Coleman WallyWorld canister that was more than half empty, I got 1 minute faster boil times with the Olicamp over the SnowPeak. The flame was obviously less intense with the Coleman canister than the fresh MSR canister.

I was using an MSR Pocket Rocket that quite frankly, sounds like a rocket used on high with a fresh canister. I mean it really pours out an intense hot flame.

I don't know the BTU output between the Pocket Rocket and your Snow Peak stove. I suppose that could make a difference. Like a canister that loses "oomph" the longer you burn, maybe a stove with less "oomph" would also equal out boil times. But I don't know of the "oomph" difference between the Snow Peak stove and the Pocket Rocket, or even if their is one. Maybe the Olicamp needs a stove that will really crank it out to realize the potential.
Dunno.

Just scratching my head here.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com