Okay, I realized I have to go to Raleigh this weekend so decided I needed to do my test tonight to satisfy my curiosity.
So I found a new Coleman Canister and the MSR IsoPro I used for two boils.

[Linked Image]

What I found was there is no difference in boil times between the two fuels. I've wondered for some time if the butane-propane blend (Coleman) burned as hot as the Iso/Butane-Propane blend (MSR) and thus burn hotter. The answer is no, not according to the test tonight.

I used 20oz of cold tap water in each test.

I started with a Snow Peak 900 Ti pot. Each time I dumped water, changed canister and boiled again with everything cooled down. Then used the Olicamp XTS after allowing both canisters to warm back to room temp.
SP Ti w/Coleman = 2:46
SP Ti w/ MSR = 2:48
XTS w/Coleman = 1:34
XTS w/MSR = 1:41

The few seconds of difference between the fuels tells me the type canister is irrelevant. However, both times I got over 1 minute faster boil times with the XTS.
So as far as I'm concerned, the XTS is a big score for me.

Now, Brad mentioned above the Pocket Rocket. It has a very intense flame and it funnels it right up into the "sweet spot" of the XTS. Brad, if you fold the PR pot supports inward to fit inside the ring, they actually will raise the pot slightly higher. It also decreases stability obviously, so their is no gain in doing that. In this photo, you can see the flame is totally utilized, nothing even showing coming outside of the convection fins, or up the sides. Walker6's similar photo shows a flame that is a little more spread, and perhaps a little farther from the bottom of the pot.

[Linked Image]

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com