Originally Posted by steve4102
Found this on another forum. Not my words.

There's more to the story than that article implies.

That family has been illegally grazing cattle on the land for over 40 years, and has never paid a grazing fee in their lives. More than 25 other cattle grazers have been filing complaints about the family, for quite some time; in addition to the BLM. His "claim" to the land is nothing more than, "that's where we have taken our cows since 1877."
The father has been court-ordered to remove his cattle from the area 3 times since 1998, but adamantly refuses to comply.

But most importantly, last week he told multiple new agencies, the BLM and Forestry officials present, that he would do "whatever it took" to win the fight and stop the government from interfering with his herd or collecting their grazing fees. When asked for clarification about whether that was legal action or something else, he simply responded "whatever it takes".

So, when you have a man claiming he will do "whatever it takes" to stop government agencies from carrying out a court order, you have to assume there might be the possibility of something a little more serious than filming agents during the roundup.

before the tin foil crowd soils themselves, read above although you guys read what you want to read...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”