Originally Posted by iambrb
Originally Posted by bcraig
Browning is a nice rifle no doubt BUT dont buy into the the Remington needing to use only Remington ammo,that a crock as I have personally used Not only Remington but Winchester and Federal Premiums and Hi shoks.Nary a bobble whether round nose or pointed.
The extractor is the same as for the Pump rifle as well.
I have had a bona fide Gunsmith tell me the same ole s..t that it is a weak system BUT funny how I have never had a problem with it or the the same thing on the pump rifles.
IF it does give problem then replace it.
As i said keep the chamber clean but squeaky clean?
Balderdash!
So Remington wont service the older rifles ?
That just means they have enough on their plate servicing the newer stuff without worrying bout the old/IF rifle is old and wore out and requires more time and trouble and money to function properly (which has been found out buy function firing BEFORE you buy it )Then dont buy it!Jeezus guys
On the other hand if it shoots good and doesn,t jam when function firing and you keep the chamber clean(Remember the dog leg cleaning brush)Have at it.
Or let somebody talk you out of it,whatever .

Sir, you do not have to believe my personal experience, that is up to you, but I can assure you that it did happen. And not once, but repeatedly-repeatedly-repeatedly, year after year. When I see alot of this, no matter the make, I am sure that it is partly the fault of the person that did not take proper care of the gun, but it doesn't change the fact that it is what it is.

If "what it is "is because of improper care of the gun or using ammo the rifle doesn,t like then the issue is to take better care of it or use ammo it likes ,not condemn the gun.

Oh I do believe you,But in my experience, I have seen them work repeatedly year after year.

Someone mentioned the factory ammo comment related to my first post. that is not what I was trying to communicate - let me try again. Remington used the bullet shapes in use at the time, and there are some longer shapes and other types out now in different materials that can make the gun function differently. Also, the pressure curves used in the overall design of the gun would have been pretty close to factory original pressure, within a range of course. They would have taken limited account into handloaders, and being that we are talking about a Remington gun, what ammo do you think they used for testing? Theirs, Winchester, or say, Norma?

I dont really get what you are saying here.
Roundnose and spitzer have been around forever and What I have seen is it doesn,t matter, the rifles functioned with all.
I haven,t had nor have I seen any problems,whether it was Remington,Winchester,Federal etc.
I have not used reloads in these rifles so dont know about that or Norma ammo,perhaps any problem with reloads might be due to how a person sizes their brass and whether or not they use small base dies.
I dont think that has any bearing on whether the rifles are decent rifles though.
EVEN if a particular rifle doesn,t like a particular brand of ammo that is not an big deal. Just use what it likes!

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money