Originally Posted by starsky
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
It would be a pretty big stretch to call the Sporting Rifle Match a good indicator of what makes a capable hunting rifle or cartridge. That match's layout simply isn't how most of us hunt.

Billy, what makes you say that? I haven't shot the course but the website reports that there are shots from 175 to 875 yards, and I believe they're all 6" to 12" plates. There are shots required off of sticks and other "field" positions to prone. That sounds like a pretty legitimate test of a hunting rifle and cartridge. I know I'd sure like to get a chance to go out and try my skills.

Tanner

A 308Win. will do that course just fine.It all comes down to what the guy behind the trigger is capable of.You do not need a magnum case to shoot accurately to 1,000 yds.Lots of 6.5X284s being used in long range competition.Very seldom do you see a magnum being used and if you do it is almost always a 300 Winchester.Using one caliber over another will not turn a crappy shot into a better one.Only time and practice using good form can do that. grin

No one said you needed a magnum for 1000 yards.

Originally Posted by Huntz
Guys gonna be using them 7 Rem.Mags for canoe paddles now that the 26 Nozler is out!!! smirk

Eh, not really.

Maybe as posts for their wind flags!!! whistle Better yet you can stake your tomato plants to them!!

Last edited by Huntz; 05/08/14.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience