Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I can't believe how many times recently I've heard someone say "wind is blowing.... better grab the .270".

Rumor has it.... the last guy to shoot a .270 at the SRM.... shot a 4.... total.

Wind can be a bugaboo...no question about it. Especially at full value but it gets tricky under any circumstance.

Dog shooter I am curious about how this all plays out in the field when hunting. Of the BG animals you have killed from (say)300 to 875 yards,how often have you made a wind call in excess of one MOA?

I ask because some well known celebrity type LR hunters filmed an elk hunt on my friend's Wyoming ranch this past January(for a TV episode). The bull was at 700 yards; they made a one MOA wind call(according to my friend who was there to watch it all),and gut shot it.

They corrected for two MOA and the next two 168 Bergers went where they were supposed to. They finally got the elk down.

Does much of this go on?

I am also curious to know if any of your acquaintances have shot the new 150 ABLR from the 270 (.625 BC if Nosler is to be believed) to see how it compares to a(say) 260 or 7 Rem Mag on that course?

Bob,
If only we could edit our bad shots like the pop star experts?
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.