Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I'd like to try eating at restaurants like these, but living in Northern Lower Michigan, it's a looong ways to salt and cultural areas like these.

I've tried local cuisine from Alaska to Mexico and Maine, but never this.
I worked in Boston for 6 months in 1983? traveling from suburban Detroit.
Three buddies and me stayed a couple of their dad's in a furnished apartment across what was then a demolished building lot from the "Combat Zone" and "Chinatown"? Never ate in one though. Looks like I missed some good eats.

Good food is where you find it. KG clearly has a particular knack for such an endeavor. I put on weight just reading his posts.

But if I'm in Grayling, I'm going to the Lone Pine for the best Canadian bacon anywhere. Then maybe to the restaurant downtown with all the commemorative Winchester levers on the wall for the best chicken noodle soup in the north. Might hit the eats place in the hotel south of town for their Bloody Mary - it's like its own meal and then of course, Spike's Keg O Nails for a burger and a beer. wink

Head west to TC for real deal foody experience. It's becoming nationally known for their diverse cuisine. Even Mario Batale (sp?) has a place near there. Or the Rowe Inn in Ellsworth. They should be doing some very cool things with Morels right about now. It's out there brother, you just got to search it out. smile

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin