Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Hi lads. Thanks for the comments. OK, in the top pics are shots from a tiny mom and pop Korean joint we found by happenstance. Sundubu chige is the red soupy dish. The noodles and seafood stew is just that. The side dishes are gratis and come with the Korean entrees. Pickled cukes, daikon, eggplant, tofu, onion, kim chi, etc. There's also a scallion pancake and a dish called lajoki, which is a lightly floured chicken fried with assorted veggies in a spicy red chili sauce.

There is also broiled and raw squid (Denny, the pic you asked about are ika nigiri [squid sushi] that my wife made for me and my brother from the guys I caught the other day in Nantucket Sound.

The last is a Vietnamese pho; 'Xe Lua', with extra tendon. Just outstanding stuff, and we found that place, Pho 88, the other day in a nearby town. A great spot a 25 minute drive away. There have been times where I have been so desperate for a big bowl of pho that I've slogged back into town just to get a fix. Now that we have a place of comparable quality than the place in Boston that I've been going for 20 years, I am a happy, happy chappie.

Jcubed, you know where we are. wink

Thanks for the kind comments, gents.

Great pics. I recognized some of the Korean dishes from my mum's cooking. Lord I miss Her.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris