I'm not disputing "dead is dead". From a "killologist" stand point, you can tell a difference in the details leading up to that death.

I put the 357mag, 35rem and 375win in the same category for 150 yard kill results, and the 356 Win edges those out with a hand-load. I'm always pleasantly surprised with the 32win.

2much, I haven't bad mouthed the 35, I hope they are both availible for our great grandchilderen to debate. If you like reading all the material regarding facts, logic, and so called real world results, thats fine. Use all that as your personal gospel. I told you before, I see how it kills and work backwards. Many times it defies logic and fact. I have no preconceived outcome based on numbers, facts, and words. Likewise, I don't base a gun purchase on someone else's take of accuracy. I've never needed a follow up shot on any game animals (with any caliber) in my life, except one. It was a buck that took a round of 160 leverevolution through the heart and kept WALKING up a creek bank like he was never hit. I think that round doesn't expand well enough on animals under 250lbs.

I've used handloads, factory, beyond SAAMI, current and past of every loading they make for both calibers. The year that Hornady LeverE 30-30 went south on me, I switched to the Bonded Powermax 150gr HP. I killed truckloads of game that year too. It was the first time in my life using either of those two calibers with any load, that EVERYBODY seeing the animal on the rack said "What the hell did you shoot that with?"

Heres to a long life of both calibers, the perception of the capabilites of both, and a continued healthy debate.

Just Keep in mind, There are some 308MX and 338MX guys laughing at both of us.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/31/14.