Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, it's all in the attitude adjustment department, I was about 18 and driving for Gramps in his pickup one night after an auction, back in those days most cars had four headlights.

This car behind us had been running their bright lights for several miles, we were approaching an old narrow bridge, Gramps said straddle the bridge and nose it over hard on your side and stop!!!!!

Paps got out, [as did I,] walked back and shot out two of the mans car headlights with a revolver, I've never seen before or since a man waving and smiling and thanking you for shooting out his headlights.

Guess the driver was happy he wasn't shot too, all in the attitude adjustment, gratitude can surface at the strangest times. lol

Gramps pointed back down the road, the man turned around and drove off the other way, when he was outta sight, Gramps said, let's go home Stoney. smile

my old man had that mentality too. That also included some unfortunate lapses in judgement - like waking up married to a woman you never met before after an all night bender and hitting a cop with his belt buckle (which resulted in 2 cops Rodney Kinging his ass and a couple of nights in the pokey). Near the end of his life he had no tolerance for people driving slow in front of him, and on one occasion I was with him, he "helped" the driver in front of him complete a turn with his bumper.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/21/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings