This reminds me of something a prisoner told me.

When my Kairos cohorts and I first went into this prison, nobody ever attended the chapel services for any reason other than to have sex. It's a maximum-security prison, and most of the inmates spend all but a couple or three hours a day locked down, and they're under close supervision for those few hours. However, the state isn't allowed to deny them chapel services, so those who had homosexual lovers would go to the chapel in order to take advantage of the relative privacy of the pews. (There weren't enough COs available to stop or discourage the trysts.) Nobody else went to the chapel, of course, because if you went to the chapel everybody knew why you were going.

You can imagine how disheartening this was for the chaplains.

Anyway, after our first Kairos weekend, four guys decided they were going to take the chapel back, and they pretty much did. After four Kairos weekends, chapel attendance was up to about 65 inmates per week.

However, one of the guys told me that recently the homosexuals made an attempt to take over the chapel again. Two of them came to services and sat together in one of the rear pews.

This fellow said that he and a buddy of his immediately got up and went back there and sat one on either side of the pair.

"Welcome! It's great to see you here, brothers! We hope you enjoy the service today, and that you keep coming back!"

And they sat there, four guys in a row with the outer two looking grim and the inner two looking uncomfortable, for the entire service. Afterwards, the pair left quickly and was never seen again.

I haven't flown commercial airlines since before 9/11, just because I don't like going through what they jokingly refer to as "security;" but I suspect something like this would work on airline flights as well. If you see a couple of suspicious Arab-looking passengers and you're a bit concerned, don't just whisper to the person sitting next to you, go up and sit next to them and strike up a conversation. If they pretend not to be able to speak English, take it as an opportunity to teach them. Ask them lots of questions. Tell them about your vacation. Observe them closely.

Might work, anyway. Probably better than government airline "security" drones feeling up grannies and little kids...

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867