Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Before the 1895 gets beat up too bad, I will have to admit that it is extremely well made and the action cycles and feeds reliably and smooth. I don't see me getting rid of this 40-72 anytime soon...

" Now enter Shrapnel ,a friend so nicknamed because some years back he blew up a couple of very valuable firearms in a short period of time."
1. What were these guns?????
2. I hope you have grown out of this practice for this 1895's safety...........
3. Do you have a picture of you and the .40-72 with anything harvested yet? Seems every gun you have you have at least a dead pd in a picture with them ........
4. Judging from what I seen here this weekend at a local gun show ,you must have paid a Princely sum for the .40-72.
5. Mike is lucky to have friends such as yourself to help him procure guns to write about. Thank you for that.

The guns were original Colt SAA in 38-40 and Winchester 1876 in 45-60. I am not the only person to ever blow up a gun, it just seems that I am the only one people keep reminding that it does and did happen.

The 40-72 didn't come cheap and especially in this condition, they get spendy, but it's only money. People that buy cheap guns have never shown me what they bought with all the money they saved by buying cheap guns.

There are several other articles coming with unique guns which I keep buying. He just finished an article on a 23-35 1894 takedown. It will be in the next handloader magazine. Others to follow.

I haven't seen the article, but there should have been a picture of the 1895 and a dead rabbit, something like this with the eyes blanked out...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]