I retired from the Army as a Chief Warrant Officer 4 in August of '05. I started out as an Airborne Infantryman in 3/325, 82d Airborne Division. I put in for the Warrant Officer Flight Training program and spent the remainder of my career flying Attack Helicopters. Finished up as a AH-64D Longbow Apache Standardization Instructor Pilot and Instrument Flight Examiner.

My only regret is not staying in longer. I would gladly do it all again.

To my fellow vets, thank you for your service. Before my Attack Helicopter Battalion deployed to Iraq, the Commander, 1st Cavalry Division pointed out that less than 5% of Americans breathing at that time had ever served a single day of military service. That is kind of sad, but says much of those that do serve. I was discussing my military career with a civilian once. He could not understand why I would voluntarily put up with all the long hours, hazardous duty, hardship assignments and deployments. My response was "because you won't..."

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14